THIS IS A BILINGUAL BLOG..........................................ESTE ES UN BLOG BILINGÜE

.
.
SPANISH - ENGLISH
*************************** ESPAÑOL - INGLES

.

What I have to say about music...

.
.I'm into Indie, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Baroque Harmonic Pop, grunge, Pop Punk, alternative metal, progressive rock (...)
as well as all of the musical expressions BEFORE rap and hip-hop (... yes, before all of that new tragedy they call music in mainstream radio stations).
I loved the '80s, and I miss them, I admit my sin... the '80s gave us his Majesty Thom Yorke; and I also loved the '90s ...they brought to us the incomparable Eddie Vedder and the absolute God of the abyss: Maynard.

Old friends, don't panic!!! I will always be a devoted fan of Jazz, Maria Callas, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and all expressions of good music...but never Rap!!!
Help me keep my life "hip-hop-free"
I'm a child of the '70s so, go figure about the rest of the bands, singers and styles I like!!!
.
........................................................

....................................................................
.

Take Me To Your Leader / Venimos En Paz

20 minutes into "District 9", just when I was ready to leave the movie theater, so disappointed in the mediocre -almost vulgar and criminal- approach to Sci-Fi, I realized that this movie is neither about aliens nor about Sci-Fi: It's about South Africa during the Apartheid. Then it all made sense. Brilliant!!! "District 9" is in fact what "District Six" was in Cape Town during the Apartheid. This rather costly "satire" is full of references to those macabre 46 years of the gruesome legal racial segregation in South Africa. If you're expecting to see (like me) a good old-fashion Sci-Fi movie...go spend your 10 bucks elsewhere. Part of me is really disappointed 'cause I've been dying to see a good and smart Sci-Fi movie...and this is everything but that.

Qué desperdicio de dinero fue el ir a ver este bodrio de película. Me sentí insultado durante cada minuto que pasé sentado en mi butaca abrumado por todos los errores cienmatográficos en los que ésta incurre. Qué asco de película. Hasta que hice la asociación: Bingo... la película es acerca de otra cosa...no es ciencia ficción...es la historia de Suráfrica durante el Apartheid. Entonces pensé: "Brillante!!!"
Esto es lo que pasaría si el equipo de producción de SNL (Saturday Night Live) obtuviera un presupuesto de $30 millones para realizar una sátira sobre el Apartheid. Algo así sería lo que harían. De todas maneras, sigo fastidiado porque nadie ha hecho una película de Ciencia Ficción que valga la pena en años... desde "Contacto".
Yo que tenía tantas expectativas acerca de esta película...qué triste!!!

1 comments:

Santiago Pérez Valdivia (Sanago) said...

Tal vez AVATAR sea esa gran película de ciencia ficción que esperas.